Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blue Angels

We were invited out to watch the Blue Angels this weekend by friends who have a boat, they like to go out and watch it when it is at NAS JAX every other year. We had been wanting to go but didn't want to deal with the ridiculous amounts of people on base so we were thrilled to get the chance to see it especially from the water. The tide was VERY HIGH and there was some very large debris in the water, it was overcast and the water was choppy which made it really hard to see. I say all this to say we hit a piece, a very large piece, ok so maybe it was a partially submerged tree... uhh yeah ummm... talk about something that makes you nervous!!! The coast guard boat happened to be going by so we flagged them down just to make sure we weren't sinking... so here is your picture of the cute coast guard... I was bummed I didn't get a closer shot because they were much closer while were were making sure the boat was ok. I thought it might be rude to take their pictures while they were doing that... hahaha....oh yeah we weren't sinking, incase you were worried.

On to the main event, which was actually last but I wanted to show it first because man these guys are AWESOME!!

The next few shots are sequential




I like to zoom this one in and look at the little bobble heads. I only have a point and shoot camera so you can imagine how close these guys were... it was slightly ridiculous...and loud.


They had a mock battle which was really fun to watch especially since I didn't know it was going to happen and things started exploding! We don't know what the cirle smoke ring was from but it looked really neat!

The heritage flight ...apparently the bird felt it should have a part in this.

Just because I like flags. Don't you?
Here we are! Lovely picture huh? Goobers

They are very sick of me taking pictures!!! I mean really can she put that thing away? (I took roughly 350 photos in a few hours...) These are some of the greatest people by the way.

I love how close birds fly by when you out on the water... as long as there is no poop involved!

This is downtown Jacksonville. The St Johns river runs right through it.
The Main Street bridge up for boats to pass though. You can see the Jaguars stadium directly behind them. I work on the right side of this bridge directly across the river from the stadium.

A pretty sail boat. I took this while we were flying down the river...

The perfect picture to end the day.

Hope you enjoyed the day... don't you just feel like you were there?

2 comments:

  1. How FUN!!! I like how you left out the getting hit by debris in our phone convo..... GREAT pics with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!...like the blog. Glad you all are doing good and making the best of life in sunny Florida. :) I'm inspired now to update my blog of our new life up in St Louis!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!