Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Repurposing, again

There is a thrift shop that You Know Who and I like to go to on Saturdays. He likes it as much as I do, which makes it even more fun. I've had my eye on this item for about 3 months. I kept thinking, don't do it, there's no room, for goodness sake, where will you put it.
~ This past Saturday seeing the price had dropped again, I sighed and walked on past this funky monstrosity (five feet long, six feet high). Then I heard words, magical words, "If you get rid of the Ikea shelves, you can get the cabinet." Nice guy that he is, he brought it home for me just on the promise that I would.... Several hours later...... My new craft room storage. As if that wasn't enough treasure for the day, after two years of searching, I finally found a marble piece in good enough condition to bring home. It used to be a dresser top. Now it's my counter in my kitchen. It is sitting on a kitchen cart from Ikea. (I love Ikea, I hate Ikea)

What a fun and tiring day!


8 comments:

  1. Love the new cabinet!!!! Good idea 'you know who'. And the marble top looks great in the kitchen......Good job to all

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cabinet, I love it! I'm looking for a piece of marble like that to. I asked my uncle to keep an eye out in our thrift store in Belgium. They're crazy money if you try and buy them in a cooking store. Sounds like you had a great weekend lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That loosk like a confessional! The doors on each side... do you have your own personal man that you confess to? That's catholic.. anyway, I love it! we have no antiques after living here 6 years. NONE. This piece is gorgeous. I'm happy for you. A happy crafting space makes for a happy girl (therefore a happy man!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words on Ms Banshee's blog re: my guest post. It's very appreciated. Do NOT show Ms Banshee your cabinet. The drool would flood our house... Cheers, Mr Banshee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Will write more later... Need to work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I'm crazy with envy right about now! It's so wonderfully, beautifully useful! I LOVE it! When you come back to the States and you decide you need to have a yard sale... just keep me in mind, that's all I'm sayin'! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all, think the cabinet looks like one you go travel to narnia through, and the marble is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I like the cabinet and the marble top looks cool!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!