Friday, July 9, 2010

Felting

I finally got to try my hand at felting on my trip. I raided Sherie's amazing stash of roving and was able to start on a project you will be seeing more of in the future (hopefully).
These are actually in the wrong order. This beluga whale was my second project. I LOVE him! Personally I don't understand why people go on and on about dolphins, belugas are where it's at!
My first try was this little sea horse.
Here's the two together. I definitely got my scaling a little off but I think it is going to be ok... maybe there are giant sea horses... you know so that the mermaids can ride them...

This is absolutely addictive! I had a feeling it would be neat but I didn't really realize how fun it would be- even when you forget to put your gloves on and stab yourself! I put in an order with Mum for a massive quantity of felt.... Uber may have me commited if he finds my stash of wool felt... as long as he lets me take it with though no one will get hurt!
I have a LOT of ideas I can't wait to work on!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done that type of wet felting but it looks like fun. We have a shop in our town that does nothing but all styles of felting and I keep thinking I'll take a class, but so far.....I haven't. So.... What will you be doing next? How about the fish you did on your pillow? That is just about the most awesomest (don't care if that's not a "real" word!) fish I'd ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love them. What are you going to do with them???

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!