Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Bag For Jessica

Jessica and I were discussing what type of bag she would like to have when baby M is born. She even sent sketches because that's fun for her. When she mentioned she liked the way the Multi Tasker tote by AMH looked I started thinking of combining the two. Not sure if this is exactly what she was looking for, but it's a start. I made this with our new organic canvas and one of the gorgeous chambrays from Kaufman.
I used the pattern and it was fun and simple. I just added more pockets. These two were not in the pattern. I figured everyone needs a zippered pocket and the other gets wider at the top for, well, odd wide at the top stuff.
I also put fleece between the layers to give it more body. Moms need to be able to use just one hand sometimes, right? I added a pocket that follows the fun outer pockets on the pattern.


In it I put a changing mat with a fun Amy Schimler surprise. I had to use the iron on vinyl. Not a fan but you do what you have to do. Dear Ms. Schimler, have you thought of coated cottons lately?
She might even  be able to sling it across her body if she absolutely needs both hands.

What do you think Jess?

14 comments:

  1. It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I didn't know that bag was so big! It looks very practical. I love tons of pockets! That changing mat is adorable! Did you send it already? I'll be in tomorrow. I would like to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! You've outdone yourself this time! It's perfect as a diaper/baby bag. Jessica will love it, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I want one! Lucky Jess. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. it amazes me that 2 kids, 7 years later - i still covet diaper bags... and just when i think i've got "sewing cool bags" out of my system, you make one that i want to make... :)

    btw - thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! especially the owl surprise! And your featured on Redfishcircle! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazingly perfect bag!
    And thanks for your kind comment on my dad and his cravat! It really made me happy and I'm sure my dad will also be very happy when I tell him!
    Great blog you've got! I'll be back! :)
    Have a lovely day!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it corinnea!!! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great bag! I'm sure that she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the "extras" on the bag. Love your choice of fabrics! Very impressive re-do....Seems to me your own designs are on the horizon.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice bag. A girl can never have enough bags, until she have a new baby. Then she only need one big giant diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great bag!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved it sooo much that I had to purchase the pattern this weekend ;) You inspire me!!!! but you already know that ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!