Saturday, November 13, 2010

My little Cardinal (Halloween)

I had the hardest time deciding what I wanted to dress Micah up as for Halloween. I took so long that Mum and I ended up making the costume the evening before. It's great having someone around to do all of the sewing for you especially since I still haven't figured out how to get anything done with a baby around! (My Mum is AWESOME- in case you all didn't know)
I had bookmarked Martha Stewart's Bluebird costume a few years ago and knew at some point I would want to dress a kid up in it. The directions are terrible so really all we ended up using was the pattern for the wings, the rest we did our own version of ... which we think turned out SO much cooler than the inspiration!
So here's the photo shoot we did (by we I mean mom) and of course we had to use the stump!





And my favorite!

11 comments:

  1. When do you think this boy will get tired of us dressing him up???? ha ha

    Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as he can run away?! Which I have a feeling isn't as far away as we would like it to be... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. that one of him on his back looks like a dead bird!!! You two must have been dying form laughter while taking these! All the pictures are adorable as is the baby:) That costume is the BOMB!! I saw someone else on flickr maybe with one and it was U.G.L.Y compared to yours. i want to hold that baby SOOOOO bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that's amazing! Very cute! Jennifer's first comment made me laugh because that's exactly what I was thinking! HaHa! And of course you had to use the stump! Cuz it's awesome! Very good guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's one cute sleepy baby bird! Amazing job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny Jennifer! That's what the guys say.... We prefer wounded bird!!! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great costume!! And he is such a cutie! Absolutely LOVE the last photo! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted a cardinal. What a precious little birdie he is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love it. You guys have done a great job. Grandma looks very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous costume. Of course a super cute model helps too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!