Monday, March 21, 2011

Fort Clinch

Saturday we headed up to Amelia Island to check out Fort Clinch. We've lived here 5 1/2 years and visited this area quite a bit and never new it existed until just recently- which is so weird! We lucked out as they were having their living history day (we had no idea when we went and I guess it only happens twice a year). It was fun but already getting to be rather hot so I can't imagine visiting this place in the summer! 

 These buildings are awesome! I would so love to live in one - of course I would require an A/C installed!
 Can you imagine this being your living room? I want this ceiling!
 They had a band (would it be called a band?) whatever there were about 7 guys playing period music (think Gettysburg) and they were pretty good so that was cool.
 Family picture, Micah's chewing his elephants head off...
 Micah was so good! We went to check out the beach and pier and he stuck his feet in the ocean- which was COLD and he managed to be happy through all of it! Mum has additional pictures that I haven't gotten from her yet so maybe she will post them for you!

3 comments:

  1. That Micah can't possibly be a bad baby! He is much too adorable. Lucky thing he doesn't take after his momma eh? ;-) (you know I love you!)

    Anyhow, it's only March and it's already getting hot enough to think "air-conditioning"? Ack! Florida! But Ft. Clinch looks like fun. And I too love the brick interior!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're wearing flip flops! Yeah, fun outdoor stuff in the heat blah blah... oh wait, is this blog about you? Tee hee. Just teasing. Glad you guys had a fun family outing in the sun... warm glorious sun... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a good day. I'll try to get my photos up... no promises... not sure I blog anymore.... ha ha, just kidding... or am I???

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!