Monday, February 27, 2012

Ice Cream Dress

Oh dear, I'd forgotten how fun it is to sew little dresses. This Nicey Jane fabric used to be the bumper pads Jessica made for Micah's crib. I love reusing stuff, don't you? Jess picked the Oliver & S Ice Cream Dress. The fabric was a little less than eighteen inches across so I could only make a 6 - 12 month size. The solid is from Joann's. 
After seeing a version with a rounded collar, Jess decided that was the look she wanted. The button adds a bit of interest. Both the front and the closure button were some I had in my stash. They don't match but they coordinate with the fabric in a fun way.

 I added the bias trim to try and distract from the not so well matched strip I had to add to make it long enough.... 
I kinda love it.

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I wish you had enough fabric to make me one in my size - but for that you'd need at least a proper bed sheet lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww, so cute and sweet and girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it a lot. Too cool that you recycled that fabric. It's too lovely to be discarded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorable! And a cute story of what it started out as. I like the bias trim! You should do that even when you aren't hiding seams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those rich colors! The trim looks like it's supposed to be there. Gorgeous corinnea!

    Hello newly remodeled site!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!