Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Embroidering

Uber, the kids and I went on a vacation to Charlotte, Charleston & Savannah a few months back. I wanted to take something with me because it was going to be a ton of time in the car. I decided to just take linen and embroidery supplies and figure it out on the way-no pressure since it was supposed to be a vacation.
I ended up giving Uber the choice of a few verses. He chose Psalms 150:6 and I used this pinterest pin to draw out my pattern -I had to freehand it since I didn't have a printer- I think I got it pretty close. It was nice to be able to mindlessly stitch away and not have to come up with anything!

There is just something about embroidering that is so fun. 
The bird was off of this pin. Flowers from here.
The Butterfly is from here
I do wish the bird had turned out closer to the original but when I actually looked into the bird later I think I found that it was done over painted fabric... or something like that... Oh well... 
Finally blogging this make me want to get our supplies and start another project. 
Hope you enjoyed


7 comments:

  1. This is awesome Jess. Feel free to come on up here if you want to mindlessly embroider something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Jess. It is so beautiful. Seeing how many beautiful things you are embroidering makes me wish I had kept doing it so many years ago. I never did anything this beautiful and creative. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It is wonderful. And to think that you did that freehand. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo beautiful Jess! You did a great job and its a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really love this embroidery! it's soooo beautiful. the fonts, everything. It's really awesome!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!