Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Plus Quilt

Several years ago, while working at an amazing place, I bought a ton of this American Jane Recess fabric by Sandy Klop. I always meant to make a quilt with it. I made some other stuff, Jessica made quite a few things, yet it wasn't until this year that I finally decided to treat myself to the quilt I wanted. 
Almost six years it took me, I may be a bit slow....
I'm kinda glad I waited though because if I'd have made it back then, it wouldn't be this quilt. 
I love this quilt.
I used only one of each pattern/color for the pluses. The background is blue dot stripe. No pattern, just cutting up 4.5 inch squares and seeing what happened. Pieced and quilted with Aurifil thread. 
I backed the whole thing in Maggie's dress navy. 
It lives on my couch for now and it makes me happy every time I look at it. It made me even happier to come home one day to it being used as a fort by two sweet babes. 
Because that's what it's all about.


1 comment:

  1. I like it! I love that you floated the pluses in a background. I really like that style!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment
or follow us!
PLEASE make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you back if you have a question. We have been having a lot of comments/questions from individuals who have a profile but still no way to contact them.
You can also email us if you want to be sure to hear back!